On 14 November 2023, Ritshidze will launch a detailed report into the state of the public healthcare system in KwaZulu-Natal. Ritshidze data from three districts in the report will be presented to the department of health and other duty bearers at three district-level community meetings during the week. The King Cetshwayo meeting will be live streamed here: vimeo, facebook and YouTube, the eThekwini meeting will be live streamed here: vimeo, facebook and YouTube, and the uMgungundlovu meeting will be lived streamed here: vimeo, facebook and YouTube.
The report is based on the results of data collected through Ritshidze’s community-led monitoring of 126 health facilities in the province, as well as data collected through interviews with 1,302 members of key populations in the community.
This is the third edition of the KwaZulu-Natal State of Health report; the first was published in November 2021, and the second in November 2022. Data in this report were collected between July and August 2023. The third edition of the report reveals a number of improvements like shorter waiting times, more people getting 3 month supply of ARVs, and friendlier staff — however staff remain hostile to to LGBTQIA+ communities, people who use drugs, and sex workers who are at times denied access to services, and often struggle to access the specific services needed.
Ritshidze is a programme of the PLHIV Sector made up of the Treatment Action Campaign (TAC), National Association of People Living with HIV (NAPWA), Positive Action Campaign, Positive Women’s Network, the South African Network of Religious Leaders Living with HIV (SANERELA+).Get the full Press KIT (41.88 MB)
Media photosDownload Images (37.09 MB)
- KwaZulu-Natal State of Health reportGET PDF
- KwaZulu-Natal State of Health summary reportGET PDF
- KwaZulu-Natal State of Health recommended solutionsGET PDF
- KwaZulu-Natal State of Health presentationGET PDF
- King Cetshwayo State of Health presentationGET PDF
- eThekwini State of Health presentationGET PDF
- uMgungundlovu State of Health presentationGET PDF
- KwaZulu-Natal State of Health media alertGET PDF
- Programme King Cetshwayo community meeting GET PDF
- Programme eThekwini community meeting GET PDF
- Programme uMgungundlovu community meeting GET PDF